An enormous amount of investment has poured into
the Figueroa Corridor since the Figueroa Corridor
Partnership was created in 1998, and several more
developments are underway or in the planning stages.
Hereís a snapshot of the completed and upcoming
projects, which total more than $1.5 billion:
1. USC: Various developments.
2. USC Zemeckis Center: Completed
3. Exposition Park Family Service Center:
Completed July 2001.
4. Vermont Transit Avenida Project 1A:
Landscaped medians from Martin Luther King, Jr.
Blvd. to Exposition Blvd. Completed 2002.
5. Shrine Interior/Exterior and Streetscape
Upgrades: Completed fall 2002.
6. John Tracy Clinic Renovation:
Completed fall 2002.
7. Mount St. Maryís College Expansion:
New Infant and Child Care Center and weekend school
for teacher education. Completed September 2002.
8. Los Angeles Child Guidance Clinic:
Construction of 30,000 sq. ft. Child & Youth Development
Center. Completed November 2002.
9. Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena Restoration:
10. Exposition Marketplace Renovation:
Completed spring 2003.
11. Orthopaedic Hospital Outpatient Medical
Center: Completed July 2003.
12. California African American Museum
Renovation: Interior repairs, additions,
and upgrades. Completed November 2003.
13. Radisson Hotel Midtown Renovation:
Exterior and interior renovations. Completed winter
14. Exposition Park Intergenerational
Community Center: Renovation of L.A.
Swim Stadium and family pools. Creation of child-
care center, senior center, community garden,
and amphitheatre. Completed 2004.
15. Texere Plaza: Ground floor
businesses opened in 2004 and 2nd and 3rd floor
lofts opened in 2005.
16. Exposition Park Parking Garage:
Multi-level parking facility. Completed spring
17. Exposition Park Figueroa Streetscape:
Christmas Tree Lane renovation, widening of sidewalks,
and new landscaping. Completed spring 2004.
18. Orthopaedic Hospital Medical Magnet
High School: LAUSD. Opened in September
19. Dr. Theodore T. Alexander Science
Center School & Amgen Center for Science Learning:
K-5 school. Partnership between California Science
Center and LAUSD. Opened in September 2004.
20. USC 37th Street Parking Structure:
For USC parking permit holders and special event
public parking. Completed January 2005.
21. Community Medallions: Metal
street pole and trash bin banners with Figueroa
Corridor Partnership logo. Completed April 2005.
22. Vermont Transit Avenida Project Phase
1B: Landscaped medians from Exposition
Blvd. to Jefferson Blvd. Completed October 2005.
23. Volvo Dealership: Opened
in fall 2005.
24. Downtown L.A. Walks: Wayfinding
signage program with vehicle and pedestrian signs
in the Figueroa Corridor and greater downtown.
Completed in January 2006.
25. Downtown Auto Center: Volkswagen,
Porsche and Audi dealerships. Opened in January
26. The Tuscany: 120 high-end
USC student apartments and ground- floor businesses.
Opened August 2006.
27. Radisson Hotel Parking Structure:
Parking for hotel guests and Galen Center event
attendees. Opened August 2006.
28. USC Galen Center: Athletic
and cultural center. Opened October 2006.
29. Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge dealerships: To
complete in 2007.
30. USC Credit Union Building:
To complete in summer 2007.
31. Orthopaedic Hospital Universally Accessible
Playground: To complete in summer 2007.
32. Vermont Avenue Senior Housing: 140
units of independent senior housing. To complete
in winter 2007.
33. University Gateway: 421 apartments
for USC undergraduate students and 100,000 square
feet of ground-floor retail. In the planning stages.
34. Natural History Museum of L.A. County
Renovation and Expansion: Historic renovation
and seismic upgrade of the original (1913) building
began in 2006 and expected to complete in 2008.
35. Los Angeles Trade Tech College Expansion
and Renovation: To complete in fall 2011.
36. California Science Center Phase II
- World of Ecology: Broke ground in October
2006 and expected to open in 2009.
37. Exposition Line: Extension
of the rapid transit Blue Line from downtown through
the Figueroa Corridor to Culver City. Broke ground
in October 2006 and expected to complete in June
38. Flower St. and 23rd St. Housing:
Upscale apartments expected to begin construction
39. Angels Walk Program:
Brochures distributed in spring 2007. Sidewalk
stanchions are in the planning stage.
40. USC: Multifaith Center and
other developments. Currently in the planning
41. Mount St. Mary’s College. New
student housing and classrooms to be built. Currently
in the planning stage.
42. Exposition Park Rose Garden Wall Preservation:
Restoration timeline TBA.
43. The Center for the Study of Civilization:
Project of the Omar Ibn Al Khattab Foundation
in the design and fundraising phase.
44. Doheny Mansion Preservation:
Made possible through a 2002 Getty grant. On-going